Wednesday 29 January 2014

An End to the Journey + Assessment Books (requested by parents)

I am done writing about the individual subjects and tuition courses I have attended. Glad that people are emailing me to say they find it useful for them or their child. Truthfully, I feel rather accomplished at this moment :) Another one of my To-Do-List items striked out

So, if you are not actually aware, I have offered to give away my notes/worksheets/exam papers if I have them in softcopy for all levels. Apparently, I didn't delete them from my hard disk. Do note that I DO NOT own the worksheets and exam papers. Only physics and biology notes are self-written. And I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the notes, the best I can say is that I studied them for olevels. So do email me if you're interested (anonymousandmyjourney@gmail.com). Offer stands till 5 Feb 2014

(update on 8 july : some people who emailed me after 5 feb have received a reply from me. due to my busy jc schedule, i cannot promise that i will check this email often and send the materials you require. however, you can always try your luck and send me your questions or requests. if i do have the time, i will try my best to respond to your email )

Again, if you have any queries on the tuition I attended, you can also email me at the above email address.

Okay, since I am done with tuition and subject tips, I shall now recommend assessment books as it is requested by some parents..

Mathematics and Additional Mathematics
1. www.exampapers.com.sg ( Ms Loi tuition papers).
They are rather expensive but I find the questions there challenging enough for top school students. However, if you are weak in the subject itself, I suggest starting with topical TYS instead.
2. www.maths-digest.com (Mr Pang assessment books) 
You can find them in popular bookstores. The assessment book compiles questions from top schools and arranges it in topical order. Good for practice but again it doesn't come cheap because of the full working provided in the book.
3. www.yellowreeef.com (Guide books)
You can find them in popular bookstores too. I personally love their A.Math Critical Guide. I found it super useful because they compile all the formulas and gives you sufficient practice and good explanation and shortcuts. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
I didn't really like their complete guides though

Sciences
1. Hahaha I don't recommend assessment books for sciences because I find that the information is either the black and white version of the textbook or some of the information is out of syllabus. I personally recommend using tuition notes instead or writing your own notes using textbook/model answers/school notes. It works much better.

Humanities.
1. Let me be frank, I found the assessment books I bought for humanities useless. Seriously, DO NOT BUY.
2. If you want practice, I am pretty sure your school can provide you with plenty of other school's papers.
3. If you want notes, your school should also have provided you with notes. Please don't buy assessment books. if you really feel the need to get good notes, I RECOMMEND: socialstudiessingapore.blogspot.sg
It is really good and free.

Ten-Years-Series
1. Start doing the topical ones in secondary 3.
2. Only do the full papers nearing prelims or after prelims. Ask your teachers for answer keys if possible. If not, for chemsitry, Mrs Kang my tutor provides her own answer keys. The publishers answers may not be what cambridge is looking for so follow your school if you can.


OKAY. YAY! DONE^^ No more updates I think.. Unless I have any requests from parents.
Happy Chinese New Year to everyone out there~
Enjoy studying, it can be tough but at least its something that you can do to keep yourself busy. Looking forward to JC already, too bored from all the holidays..

Till then, byeee






5 comments:

  1. hello! i am a secondary 2 school student. although it is past the deadline, may i kindly request if you are able to email me the softcopy of the notes and exam papers? thanks!
    ( grace.changyx@gmail.com)
    *i tried to email the email given above but there was a problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have emailed you, do specify the subjects you require:) and yeap i realised the above email address had a typo error which i just corrected

      Delete
  2. Hello! I am a sec 4 student . May I know if you still have SS notes? I tried to email you but failed due to technical error...May I kindly request if you are able to email me? My email: annie123sg@gamil.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry but the SS notes are no longer available :(

      Delete
  3. It's a very inspirational blog. and Edufirst provide best education for childrens

    ReplyDelete